Skip to content


October 20, 2014

6am – A’s alarm goes off. Miraculously, the kids are still asleep. Oliver was up a lot in the night (last time at 4:30; teething has him restless) and I’m happy for the ‘sleep in’.

6:05 – A hops in the shower and I go back to sleep.

6:25 – A comes to kiss me and I inform him I’ll forgo showering and sleep until the kids get up. Cue the baby.

6:30 – A takes the baby downstairs and I gradually wake up. I hear Molly stirring and go to let her out. I get dressed and head downstairs.

6:30-7 – breakfast! Coconut oil and honey toast for me, honey and butter toast for Molly and buttered toast fingers for Oliver. He’s not a big morning eater. We all share a banana. Oh and I had a coffee. I never forget my coffee.

7am – A leaves for work. “I love you too daddy” says Molly.

7-7:30 – the kids play with me

7:30 – we head upstairs to get dressed. I put away laundry and try to tidy up Molly’s room while the kids play

8:05 – Oliver is showing signs he’s hungry and tired. I bribe Molly with Dora the Explorer and she happily goes off downstairs so I can nurse the baby to sleep. You do what you do to get through!

8:10 – I remember to text my sister not to call as she usually does around 8:20 on her way to work. Sometimes I forget and Molly comes running with the phone for me

8:20 – baby asleep

8:30-9:30 – I tidy the kitchen and prep lunch (tuna sandwiches) and dinner (crock pot chilli) while Molly play with Pom poms, tissue paper and glue (administered by me). We do some very serious work on the Lego railroad and putter with various toys.

9:30am – Monday is Molly’s Terrific Twos class at the local recreation centre, so I wake Oliver (or more specifically Molly does; poor guy never saw it coming) and we get ourselves ready to walk over.

9:45 – leave to walk over to the complex. It’s a rainy day here so I put the rain cover over the double stroller (side note: we bought a Peg Perego Aria double stroller at a consignment shop for $100 when I was watching my nephew. The rain cover designed by Peg Perego for this stroller is $80!! Jolly Jumper sells one that fits for $25. Guess which one I bought).

9:55 – Arrive at the complex.

10am – the door opens to the preschool room and we’re invited in. Molly’s been crying the last few times I left her but today there were only a few sniffles! I’m so proud of her.

10-11:15 – Oliver and I wait in the lobby. There’s a TV with a 24 hour news channel on, a fire place and comfy benches. I kick myself for forgetting to bring a coffee. But at least I remembered Mum Mums for Oliver. Note to self: if I ever run out of glue, Mum Mums are a great alternative! They have sticking power!

11:15 – door opens to the room again (it’s locked from the outside) and I go in to get my girl. She’s so happy to see us and excitedly shows me the paper jack o lantern she made

11:25 – we leave to walk home. Molly decides to walk

11:35 – still walking

11:40 – still walking

11:42 – I finally coerce her into getting in the stroller and I speed walk the last few minutes. I’m thankful I prepped the tuna before we left!

11:55 – settle down for lunch. Tuna sandwich, a yogurt tube and some pear for Molly. Wedges of pear and apricot yogurt for Oliver and a tuna sandwich (with liquid smoke added, yum!) for me. I also ate the skins from the baby’s pear.

12:30 – we head upstairs for nap. Molly starts acting up, pulling down her table lamp and trying to bite her brother. I lost my cool I’m sorry to say and yelled at her. It doesn’t happen often and I feel bad but it is what it is.

12:45 – we have a bit of back and forth with me leaving and coming back (I sit on her bed and nurse the baby to sleep while she falls asleep but will only stay sitting if she’s laying down. I leave if she gets up) but she and the baby are finally out.

12:46 – Yahoo!!!

12:47 – I make a coffee, grab some roasted cashews and head downstairs. There are a zillion chores to do but I want some me time.

1-2:30 – I get my geek on and play World of Warcraft. I’m just a beginner. I’ve been playing with A and enjoy it! It’s nice to do something with him and talk to him about. I was on my own today, trying to hone my skills.

2:30 – both kids are up a little sooner than I’d like. Now what to do for the next few hours…

2:35 – I call my mom and see what she’s up to. I suggest a trip to the store and she agrees. She’ll be over soon!

2:35-? – I didn’t notice what time my mom arrived but until then we played and I cleaned the kitchen. It’s never ending!

? – we head to Walmart. I prefer Target but A requested some buns he found at Walmart once so there we went. I didn’t end up finding them but picked up some bananas, cereal, ketchup, baby bath soap, Camilia, and bleach (the last of which was used the night before to clean the tub. There was an, um, accident).

4:15 – back home!

4:30 – Oliver is sleepy so I bribe Molly with Dora again and throw in some raisins for good measure.

4:50 – he had a good deed but didn’t go to sleep. The window is now closed since I can’t have him going to sleep too close to bedtime. We head back downstairs.

5pm – I do some more dinner prep (add tomato paste and rice to the chilli to thicken it, grate cheese) and play with the kids.

5:20 – I start this post

5:50 – A is home!! Molly runs to the door and screams “Daddy I miss you!” Cutest. Thing. Ever.

6pm – thanks to Mr Crock Pot, dinner is all ready and we sit down to eat. We all have chilli, including Molly. Oliver has steamed carrot sticks, some grated cheese (I’m trying him on dairy), some oatmeal cereal and some Baby Gourmet organic Juicy Pears and Leafy Greens purée.

6:25 – Oliver is done and super tired. I bring him up for a bath.

6:25-6:50 – bath and bedtime prep for both kids. Oliver is too tired for story so I give him the Camilia (fingers crossed it works! His second tooth is being stubborn – did I mention he got his first one Thanksgiving weekend? – and though he’s not screaming in pain, he is having restless sleep and is awake a lot in the night. A lot a lot. I’m pooped.).

6:50 – night nights are said, kisses are given and I leave A to get Molly to bed.

And here I sit now at…7:26pm. He’s finished nursing and is asleep on my nursing pillow. I’ll move him to his crib soon but am enjoying the quiet. I can hear A settling Molly still, so he’s not ready to finish our movie (we started the new Transformers last night). I’ll head down to do the dishes in a few minutes.
That’s Monday folks. I’m sure I missed some things. But there’s never a dull moment!

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: