Skip to content

Weekend Wind-Up

September 24, 2012

I live for Fridays! It means that A will be home for two days straight with Molly and I, giving me breaks I don’t normally get throughout the day. She’s a great baby and I don’t have much trouble with her when I’m on my own, but having two people around to take care of her just makes things a little bit easier!

Saturday was a relaxation/errands kind of day, so not much to chat about there. But I’m happy to say that I worked out on the elliptical for the first time in eons; since well before I got pregnant, that’s for sure! I was only on for 10 minutes (that’s all my poor thighs could handle) but I felt great afterwards! I went on again today. Or rather I should say Molly let me go on again today. She’s a tricky one, because she doesn’t sleep much during the day, and when she does, I have other things to do. So I plopped her in her bouncy chair and hoped for the best! I managed to get 10 minutes on again before she demanded attention!

On Sunday morning I did something else I haven’t done since before I was pregnant: I dyed my hair!! The colour is bright auburn, but on my hair it’s a deep red. It’s quite lovely, but unfortunately I missed a few spots. Oops. I’ll have to have my sister re-do it for me.

That afternoon we had a visit from my good friend A! She lives downtown and I don’t get to see her very often, but whenever we get together it’s like we haven’t been apart! It was her first time meeting our little miss 🙂

I dropped her back at the train and then Molly and I headed to my parents. A met us there, as he’d gone to pick up Chinese food for dinner. Once my sister and her crew arrived, we all sat down to eat. The occasion? My dad’s birthday!! He turned the big 5-8 this past Friday. Happy Birthday Dad!

We got home and started to get Molly ready for bed. We’re in the process of transitioning her back into sleeping in her pack and play. While she had her cold, we put her in her bouncy chair to sleep, since she was more comfortable sleeping somewhat upright. The problem though is that she got used to it and is having trouble sleeping flat now. Ugh. Her 4-5 hour stretches have been reduced to 2-3 as a result and that 2-3 is only if we swaddle her (mimicking the closeness of the cushioned chair). If we don’t swaddle she’ll stay asleep for maybe a half hour. The change is hard on me, since I’m not getting the sleep that I was, but she can’t sleep in the bouncy chair forever (issues with neck muscles from her head dropping to the side, in addition to an increased risk of SIDS). We’ll get there again! We just have to keep at it 🙂

And here it is Monday again. The weeks are just flying by! Here’s a little cuteness to start your week:

3 Comments leave one →
  1. September 24, 2012 7:50 pm

    She is precious! I’m glad to hear you’re all doing so well! Can’t wait to see your new haircolor–post repairs! 😉

  2. September 25, 2012 11:58 pm

    I love this picture!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: