Skip to content

Weekend Wind-Up

May 10, 2012

Well this is long overdue…

Since A was going to be working on the basement with our dads and his brother-in-law for most of the weekend, I had to entertain myself! Luckily there was lots to do.

My first order of business Saturday morning, after cleaning up a bit, was to head to the lab for my glucose test. I knew it would be busy but didn’t expect the wait that I encountered. Not only did I have to wait an hour to have my blood work done after drinking the orange flavoured glucose, but I had to wait 40 minutes just to register! But that’s why smartphones were developed! I watches you tube videos while I waited šŸ™‚

After that ordeal, I headed to the mall to visit the bank. I needed to show them my marriage certificate to change my name on all my accounts. That didn’t take too long, though I was surprised that no one really knew how to do it.

I grabbed a burger from A&W and headed off to my next destination: the hair salon! It was time to chop off the beast that was my hair. She took a good four inches off I’d say, and I love it! Perfect for the warmer weather that will soon be upon us.

When that wad done, it was fInally time to head home! But only for an hour. At two I left to pick up my mom and the two of us headed up to my sisters to watch CJ for the evening. They had a birthday party to go to but thought CJ would have a better time with us. I like to think she did!

We headed home around 9ish and I arrived to an empty house (which I took advantage of to catch up on shows A won’t watch with me….hello Damon from Vampire Diaries!). A, our dads and his BIL, had gone to the movies to see the Avengers! They were all raving about it. Can’t wait to see it!

Sunday we all got up and we had a yummy breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast (I turned my bacon and eggs into a breakfast burrito, complete with avocado of course). The men folk then got to work on the basement, while I puttered around the house. I made lunch for them (my role in all these renos is head cook), but didn’t eat myself as I was heading out later for a late lunch with M1 and M2!

The three of us had a grand time, as we usually do, and since they both have babies under the age of 1 (both girls) and I’m about to have a baby girl, we had tons of talk of pregnancy and motherhood! It’s great to have people in my life who are at a similar stage, either starting families or with young kids.

I was exhausted when I got home, so A and I chillaxed the rest of the afternoon and evening and thus began the ‘early to bed’ routine that followed me around for a few days. I was literally in bed and asleep by 8pm that night. Crazy!

As I said, it’s been an insanely busy week at work and next week is no different, but after that it should settle down. So just a warning that my posts may be sporadic.

The big news is that I got a new iphone! The 4S and holy cow is it ever fast! I can’t believe I held onto my 3G for so long. Of course they’ll probably release the iphone 5 next month…ah well. I can only be so current šŸ™‚

Enjoy the rest of your week everyone!

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: